myBasicChecking Account has no fee when you have a monthly Direct Deposit or maintain a $300 minimum balance.1 Members can write up to 30 checks per month at no cost, after which a $.10 per check fee will be assessed.
As with all checking accounts, you will receive:
- Free Digital Banking – our on-line banking platform available at www.highpointfcu.com or via our mobile app.
- Free eStatement – go green with on-line statements and the ability to view your history in Digital Banking.
- Free Bill Pay – save on postage costs and pay your bills 24/7 by signing up for Digital Banking.
- Free eAlerts – Set up text or emails to notify you of deposits, withdrawals or balance levels – you choose!2
- ATM or Debit Card.3
- Share to Share Transfers – link your deposit accounts to cover accidental shortages in your checking account and avoid the NSF fee!
- Optional Overdraft Privilege.4
1Direct deposit or a $300 minimum balance requirement must be maintained to avoid a $5/month service charge. 2Data carrier rates apply. 3There is no cost for the card however, foreign ATM charges may be assessed. 4Overdraft Privilege Disclosure.
Q: What happens if I no longer receive direct deposit?
A: To avoid the $5/month service charge, you will then need to keep a minimum balance of $300 in your account.
Q: Will the $.10 per check fee come directly from my checking account if I write over 30 checks?
A: Yes, service charges will be assessed to the checking account.